Thank you!

On June 16th, the Many Shades blog will be closed.
The authors thank you for your readership and hope you will come visit them at their personal sites via the links to the left.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

A short and interesting Introduction

Hi Everyone!

I’m so excited about joining you here at The Many Shades of Life and Love. Oh jeez, where are my manners? My name is Annie Alvarez, and I have two books published with Extasy Books, For The Love Of Blood, and Cheating Death, and yes, both are F/F vampire erotica's, and I’m currently working on the third book of the Hightower Series, Dying to Live.

For my first time here, I wanted to tell you a little about myself. I’m a first generation Cuban, born in New Orleans, and then moved to Florida at the ripe age of 5. Yup! I didn’t have much to say in that decision-making process, but I enjoyed the beaches all the same and got a great looking tan!

At 18, I moved to Fort Lauderdale, or as some of you may know it, Fort Liqourdale. Hey, I was young and naïve – that’s all I have in my defense, but I learned quickly. Trust me when I say that the sun and alcohol don’t mix well. I consider myself lucky. I made a lot of good friends and only a couple of enemies. I think an ex throwing a brown paper bag full of sex toys at me, in the middle of a crowded Denny’s parking lot qualifies as an enemy, no? Well, that’s a story for another day or maybe, I’ll just keep those details to myself.

I met my partner in the parking lot of a bar I used to work at, hum…starting to see a pattern emerging with parking lots, but I digress, needless to say, I followed my partner to Texas. Where I heard that everything is bigger. What people forgot to tell me was that I would cook in the summer, which is 80% of the time and the remainder 20%, I would spend frozen. Yeah, welcome to Texas, if you don’t like the weather, wait, it’ll change. In Dallas, just the other day, temperatures reached 103 no, that’s not a typo and what in heaven’s name do you think happened? It hailed, and not little pea size hail either, these were frozen golf balls falling from the sky. Go figure!

I have to say that after 12 years of living here, I’m finally starting to understand the language. Flowadia, pronounced exactly as it’s spelled, is Florida. It took me a while to figure that out. Fur is fire, lesbian is a foreigner, not a homosexual - that would be gay, fixin to, is getting ready to do something and reckon means one is currently assuming. Language, gotta love it. Again, welcome to Texas.

Oh yeah, the most important thing about me is, I speak my mind and it’s typically something people don’t want to hear. I’ll say sorry about that now because I’m known to rattle a few cages. Don’t take it personally. It’s my charming personality. Now that you’ve gotten to know me a little better, I encourage everyone to drop me a line, or two, and don’t worry. I don’t bite. Well, not hard.

See you next month!



Erin Sinclair said...

Hi Annie and welcome!

Erin Sinclair
"For love that's out of this world!"

Lynn Crain said...

welcome, Annie, I think you'll have some fun here...I know I do.


Celia Jade said...

Welcome hon!!


Sponsored by the search engine optimization services internet guide.